- Indigenous name
- Associated cultural group
- Pacific > Papua New Guinea > Autonomous Region of Bougainville (North Solomons Province) > Central Bougainville > Bougainville Island
- Acquisition date
- January 01, 1950
- Acquisition method
- Donated by Sister Betty Richardson
- Raw material
- Wood, orchid vine, split cane, plant dye, flying fox bones
- H: 1900 mm W: 40 mm L: D: Circum:
Old Catalogue Card: King spear, 6 foot 3 inches long, with a very sturdy shaft. Head 20 inches with three lengths of flying fox bones, each 4 inches long. The whole shaft is covered with plaited red and yellow fibre in a very accurate pattern. The bottom of the spear ends in a sharp point. Appears to be ceremonial in nature.
From the UQ Anthropology Museum exhibition 'In the Red; on the vibrancy of things' June 2012 - January 2013.