- Registration number
- Item name
- Head cap
- Indigenous name
- Associated cultural group
- Pacific > Papua New Guinea > Oro (Northern) Province
- Acquisition date
- January 01, 1947
- Acquisition method
- Foundation Donation from Australian Board of Missions
- Raw material
- job's tears, plant fibre string, shell, cloth, bark
- H: 200 mm W: 200 mm L: D: Circum:
Woven hat made from Job's tears and shells on string, red cloth and bark.
Widow's cap made c. 1947.
From the UQ Anthropology Museum exhibition 'Double Up: Pasifika Treasures from the UQ Anthropology Museum' curated by Diana Young with Jane Willcock, 5 February - 9 April 2010.
The Foundation Donation comprises the items from L. P. Winterbotham's personal collection, which were donated to the University of Queensland in 1948 and form the basis of the Anthropology Museum.