- Indigenous name
- lakuo (Lihir language)
- Barth Saien
- Associated cultural group
- Pacific > Papua New Guinea > New Ireland Province > Lihir Island Group
- Lihir Cultural Heritage Association (LCHA)
- Acquisition date
- August 01, 2013
- Acquisition method
- Donated by Lihir Cultural Heritage Association (LCHA) and Lihir Mining Area Landowners Association (LMALA)
- Raw material
- bamboo; fern leaves (Diplazium sp.); cardboard; acrylic paint; synthetic feathers; plastic beads; string
- H: 490 mm W: 240 mm L: D: Circum:
Cone-shaped head ornament; base is made with bamboo strips and wrapped with fern leaves; top section is made with cardboard with a painted face in red, yellow, black, blue and white; dyed and un-dyed feathers protrude from the apex. Registration number 40669 marked with tag.
From the UQ Anthropology Museum exhibition 'Musical Landscapes of Lihir' March - August 2013, curated by Dr Kirsty Gillespie and the Lihir Cultural Heritage Association with Dr Diana Young. The making of these Lihir performance items was commissioned in 2012 by LCHA for display in this exhibition.
Exhibition label: This headpiece also represents a tumbuan. The neckpiece  is a stylised replica of a sea turtle.
Also known as lkuo (Masahet dialect).