- Registration number
- Item name
- Indigenous name
- kruekrueh (Lihir language)
- Luke Kabariu
- Associated cultural group
- Pacific > Papua New Guinea > New Ireland Province > Lihir Island Group
- Lihir Cultural Heritage Association (LCHA)
- Acquisition date
- August 01, 2013
- Acquisition method
- Donated by Lihir Cultural Heritage Association (LCHA) and Lihir Mining Area Landowners Association (LMALA)
- Raw material
- H: W: 15 mm L: 372 mm D: Circum:
Bamboo flute with two finger holes. Registration number 40667 marked with tag.
From the UQ Anthropology Museum exhibition 'Musical Landscapes of Lihir' March - August 2013, curated by Dr Kirsty Gillespie and the Lihir Cultural Heritage Association with Dr Diana Young. The making of these Lihir performance items was commissioned in 2012 by LCHA for display in this exhibition.
Also called an end-blown flute.