- Indigenous name
- Suubaru (Kwaio language)
- Associated cultural group
- Pacific > Solomon Islands > Guadalcanal Province > Guadalcanal Island > Honiara
- Mrs Jean and Mr Russell Herbert
- Acquisition date
- September 02, 2011
- Acquisition method
- Donated by Mrs Jean Herbert
- Raw material
- Plant fibre; bamboo; pigment, natural
- H: 210 mm W: 38 mm L: D: 38 mm Circum:
Bamboo lime container with lime spatula, container incised with three pairs of horizontal bands each with incised designs (see 40492).
From the UQ Anthropology Museum exhibition ‘Solomon Islands: Re-enchantment and the Colonial Shadow’, a scholarly project curated by Diana Young in collaboration with research consultants Graham Baines, Annie Ross, Clive Moore and David Akin, August 2016 – June 2017.
Materials identified by Jean Herbert.
Purchased from Honiara market in 1983 [Jean Herbert catalogue notes].