- Registration number
- Item name
- Indigenous name
- Associated cultural group
- Pacific > Solomon Islands > Guadalcanal Province > Guadalcanal Island > Honiara
- Mrs Jean and Mr Russell Herbert
- Acquisition date
- September 02, 2011
- Acquisition method
- Donated by Mrs Jean Herbert
- Raw material
- Bone; turtle shell; feather; plant fibre binding
- H: 150 mm W: 20 mm L: D: 35 mm Circum:
Fishing hook, shell shank with turtle shell hook, feather lure and decorative incisions.
From the UQ Anthropology Museum exhibition ‘Solomon Islands: Re-enchantment and the Colonial Shadow’, a scholarly project curated by Diana Young in collaboration with research consultants Graham Baines, Annie Ross, Clive Moore and David Akin, August 2016 – June 2017.
Trolling hook for Bonito. Purchased in 1982 from Solomon Islands Artefacts, Honiara. Solomon Islands Artefacts was a business selling custom money, artefacts, coins and stamps, run by Mariano Kelesi and Marion Clark [Jean Herbert catalogue notes].