- Indigenous name
- Associated cultural group
- Australia > Australia > Western Australia > Kimberley region > Forrest River
- Reverend Keith Coaldrake
- Acquisition date
- January 01, 1950
- Acquisition method
- Foundation Donation from Reverend Keith Coaldrake
- Raw material
- wood, ochre, resin (ironwood Erythrophleum chlorostachys)
- H: 221 mm W: 29 mm L: D: Circum: 12 mm
Carved wood spear portion; cylindrical shaft with a flat spatula-like end; white ochre spots. Registration number 404 marked with pen and tag.
Analysed in Matheson, C.D. and A.J. McCollum 2014 Characterising native plant resins from Australian Aboriginal artefacts using ATR-FTIR and GC/MS, Journal of Archaeological Science 52:116-128. Resin determined to be Erythrophleum chlorostachys.
From the UQ Anthropology Museum exhibition 'written on the body' curated by Judy Watson and Diana Young, March - August 2014.
The Foundation Donation comprises the items from L. P. Winterbotham's personal collection, which were donated to the University of Queensland in 1948 and form the basis of the Anthropology Museum.