- Indigenous name
- Associated cultural group
- Pacific > Papua New Guinea > Milne Bay Province > Kiriwina Goodenough District > Trobriand Islands
- Professor D. W. McElwain
- Acquisition date
- October 04, 1996
- Acquisition method
- Donated by Professor D. W. McElwain
- Raw material
- Gourd; crab claw; plant material; leaves; pigment
- H: 190 mm W: 190 mm L: D: Circum:
Decorated spherical gourd, 160 mm high, 560 mm circumference, with hole at top for stopper. Decoration covers most of the surface, with three pairs of joined sworls plus a single circle with a central flower between upper and lower bands.
From the UQ Anthropology Museum exhibition 'In the Red; on the vibrancy of things' June 2012 - January 2013.
Lime container 40102, its stopper  and the hook for lifting the stopper  were bought as a set.