- Registration number
- Item name
- Indigenous name
- Associated cultural group
- Pacific > Papua New Guinea > Morobe Province > Finschhafen District > Finschhafen
- Acquisition date
- January 01, 1949
- Acquisition method
- Donated by Reverend M. Lohe
- Raw material
- Plant fibre; shell (Conus litteratus or Conus eburneus), dye
- H: 80 mm W: 300 mm L: D: Circum:
Woven headband made from red-dyed plant fibre and shells.
From the UQ Anthropology Museum exhibition 'In the Red; on the vibrancy of things' June 2012 - January 2013.
Made to be worn with arm ornament 3910.