- Registration number
- Item name
- Indigenous name
- Associated cultural group
- Australia > Australia > Northern Territory > Barkly region > Rockhampton Downs
- Acquisition date
- January 01, 1950
- Acquisition method
- Foundation Donation from J. Ward
- Raw material
- Chert, string, wool, ochre, cardboard
- H: W: 45 mm L: 160 mm D: Circum:
Knife flake. Trigonal. Gum adhesive grip with red ochre on handle end. Cardboard sheath, tied with vari-coloured European knitting wool. Tip broken [Archaeological Collection Catalogue Card].
From the UQ Anthropology Museum exhibition 'In the Red; on the vibrancy of things' June 2012 - January 2013.
The Foundation Donation comprises the items from L. P. Winterbotham's personal collection, which were donated to the University of Queensland in 1948 and form the basis of the Anthropology Museum.