- Registration number
- Item name
- Indigenous name
- Associated cultural group
- Pacific > Papua New Guinea > East New Britain Province > Pomio District > Kilalum village
- Acquisition date
- April 10, 1953
- Acquisition method
- Donated by Roman Catholic Mission Rabaul
- Raw material
- Wood; paint; fibre; coconut shell
- H: 520 mm W: 280 mm L: D: Circum:
Carved wooden face section with plant fibre 'hair' and 'beard'. Shaped wooden internal support holds the plant fibre in place.
From the UQ Anthropology Museum exhibition 'Double Up: Pasifika Treasures from the UQ Anthropology Museum' curated by Diana Young with Jane Willcock, 5 February - 9 April 2010.