House lintel decoration
- Registration number
- Item name
- House lintel decoration
- Indigenous name
- Associated cultural group
- Pacific > Papua New Guinea > East Sepik Province
- Mr Edward A. Tull
- Acquisition date
- January 01, 1981
- Acquisition method
- Donated by Mr Edward A. Tull
- Raw material
- ceramic, paint, string, cowrie shells (Cypraeidae sp)
- H: 385 mm W: 240 mm L: D: Circum:
Ceramic pot upturned with two standing figures and two seated figures with shell earrings; dark red and white applied surface pigment.
Pottery piece for house ridge made c. 1960. Possibly from Aibom village, East Sepik Province.
From the series 'What do Objects want?' and the UQ Anthropology Museum exhibition 'Double Up: Pasifika Treasures from the UQ Anthropology Museum' curated by Diana Young with Jane Willcock, 5 February - 9 April 2010.