- Registration number
- Item name
- Carved figure
- Indigenous name
- udaga wawa
- Kamaki Isaga
- Associated cultural group
- Pacific > Papua New Guinea > Western Province > Middle Fly District > Waligi village
- Gogodala Cultural Centre
- Acquisition date
- October 23, 1980
- Acquisition method
- Purchased from Gogodala Cultural Centre
- Raw material
- wood, egret feather (Egretta sp), cassowary feather (Casuarius sp), adhesive putty, abrus seed (Abrus precatorius), grass
- H: 1520 mm W: 225 mm L: D: 155 mm Circum:
Carved male figure painted with clan designs; figure is wearing arm and leg feather ornaments; nose ornament made of grass and a traditional conical shaped hat.
Clan father carved and painted in 1980. Displayed during the aida maiyata, a ceremony to appease ancestral heroes (see also 29393, 29394, 24396, 24401). Malebe Kanaba clan pattern of Asipali clan, Segela moiety.
From the UQ Anthropology Museum exhibition 'Double Up: Pasifika Treasures from the UQ Anthropology Museum' curated by Diana Young with Jane Willcock, 5 February - 9 April 2010.