- Registration number
- Item name
- Indigenous name
- Busisi Toto.
- Associated cultural group
- Pacific > Papua New Guinea > Western Province > Middle Fly District > Kimama village
- Gogodala Cultural Centre
- Acquisition date
- January 01, 1980
- Acquisition method
- Purchased from Gogodala Cultural Centre
- Raw material
- timber, cane, feathers, fibre, cane, wax, abrus seeds, shell, paint, coconut/palm leaf string ?
- H: 1830 mm W: 930 mm L: D: Circum:
Man's dance plaque, made in 1980, worn during a ritual called aida maiyata, a ceremony used to appease ancestral heroes (see also 24394, 24395, 24396, 24401). Kanaba clan pattern of Wabadala clan, Segela moiety.
From the UQ Anthropology Museum exhibition 'Double Up: Pasifika Treasures from the UQ Anthropology Museum' curated by Diana Young with Jane Willcock, 5 February - 9 April 2010.