- Indigenous name
- Urisaku of Gawa Island (Marshall Bennett Is.)
- Associated cultural group
- Pacific > Papua New Guinea > Milne Bay Province > Kiriwina Goodenough District > Trobriand Islands
- Mr Michael James Healy
- Acquisition date
- March 28, 1978
- Acquisition method
- On loan from Mr W. C. and Mrs J. A. Moloney
- Raw material
- H: W: 35 mm L: 390 mm D: 20 mm Circum:
Lime stick surmounted by carved human figure.
From the series 'What do Objects want? The face of humanity in the UQ Anthropology Museum'.
Artist attributed to Urisaku [Harry Beran 08/05/2000].
For more information see: Beran, H 2007, 'The Fame of Urisaku: Master Carver of Gawa, Massim Region, Papua New Guinea', in Stevenson K & Webb V (eds), Re-presenting Pacific Art, Crawford House Publishing, Adelaide, pp. 28-57.