- Registration number
- Item name
- Indigenous name
- Associated cultural group
- Pacific > Papua New Guinea > Morobe Province > Finschhafen District > Finschhafen
- Acquisition date
- January 01, 1949
- Acquisition method
- Donated by Reverend M. Lohe
- Raw material
- Feathers, cassowary (Casuarius casuarius); feathers, parrot; string, plant fibre, cane;
- H: W: 155 mm L: 390 mm D: Circum:
Headband from Finschhafen. One part of the headband is comprised of small pieces of cane, encased within plant fibre and with evidence of red feathers attached. The other half of the headband consists of cassowary feathers. Both parts are attached due to a being tightly wound by twisted plant fibre string.
From the UQ Anthropology Museum exhibition 'In the Red; on the vibrancy of things' June 2012 - January 2013.