- Registration number
- Item name
- Indigenous name
- Associated cultural group
- Australia > Australia > Queensland > Cape York region > Daintree River
- Miss Ursula H. McConnel
- Acquisition date
- January 01, 1950
- Acquisition method
- Donated by Miss Ursula H. McConnel
- Raw material
- Plant fibre, grass; bark, paperbark
- H: 320 mm W: 160 mm L: D: Circum:
Round twined grass (woirnya) basket, transverse plant fibre string (meribainja), rounded base, edge bound with paperbark, twined handle, openly woven [catalogue card]. Registration number marked with tag.
Used to store food. Donor commented that the basket may have been made for commercial use and the handle appears to have been added as an extra feature. Koko - yimidir [?] tribe [catalogue sheet, 06/1974].