- Registration number
- Item name
- Indigenous name
- Wally Mandarrk
- Associated cultural group
- Dangbon/Kune people
- Australia > Australia > Northern Territory > West Arnhem region > Oenpelli
- Mrs Lillian Bosch
- Acquisition date
- May 14, 1973
- Acquisition method
- Donated by Mrs Lillian Bosch
- Raw material
- Stringybark, ochre, pipe clay
- H: 870 mm W: 370 mm L: D: Circum:
Large framed bark painting of male figure and fish; 870 mm x 370 mm without frame.
In the Red exhibition label: Painting of a spirit man and fish, before 1973. From the UQ Anthropology Museum exhibition 'In the Red; on the vibrancy of things' June 2012 - January 2013.
Lillian Bosch was a well known art dealer on the Gold Coast who donated a collection artefacts and bark paintings to the Anthropology Museum in 1973.
© Wally Mandarrk/Copyright Agency, 2020.