- Registration number
- Item name
- Indigenous name
- Johnny Daynganggan
- Associated cultural group
- Daygurrgurr people, Gupapuyngu language
- Australia > Australia > Northern Territory > East Arnhem region > Milingimbi/Buckingham Bay district
- Reverend Edgar A. Wells
- Acquisition date
- January 01, 1951
- Acquisition method
- Purchased from Reverend Edgar A. Wells
- H: 880 mm W: 530 mm L: D: Circum:
Large unframed bark painting
Centipedes - male/female country : Painting of male and female centipedes, the lines depicting centipede country. The country is divided between the clans of centipedes, and the painting is used as a lesson in territorial rights, etc.
This painting was identified as originating from the Rose River area by Wandjuk Marika [23/04/1979]. Nancy Williams has identified this as originating from Milingimbi, not Rose River, and the artist's country in Buckingham Bay [26/07/2012].