- Mr John Samuel Cameron
- Acquisition date
- January 01, 1947
- Acquisition method
- Foundation Donation from Mrs D. Cameron
- Raw material
- H: 625 mm W: 50 mm L: D: 56 mm Circum:
Carved wood club pointed at both ends; band of 'pineapple' notches carved at upper part of club; remnants of blue pigment between notches; "N 27" written in white near upper end. Registration number marked with pen and tag.
This club was part of Brisbane auctioneer Mr John Samuel Cameron's (died ca 1917) collection which was sold after his widow's death. It was bought by Dr Winterbotham and C A Fitzgerald at auction and became part of the Foundation Donation, Dr Winterbotham's collection, which formed the basis of the Anthropology Museum in 1948.