- Registration number
- Item name
- Carved figure
- Indigenous name
- Associated cultural group
- Pacific > Papua New Guinea > Morobe Province > Finschhafen District > Finschhafen
- Acquisition date
- January 01, 1950
- Acquisition method
- Donated by Lutheran Mission
- Raw material
- wood, plant fibre, commercial paint
- H: 2400 mm W: 3000 mm L: D: 3500 mm Circum:
Tall carved female figure; half the surface is coloured black the other half is red, vertically; plant fibre skirt.
From the UQ Anthropology Museum exhibition 'In the Red; on the vibrancy of things' June 2012 - January 2013.