- Indigenous name
- Associated cultural group
- Pacific > Solomon Islands > Temotu (Eastern Islands) Province > Santa Cruz Islands
- Reverend J. B. McCarthy
- Acquisition date
- January 01, 1950
- Acquisition method
- Foundation Donation from Reverend J. B. McCarthy
- Raw material
- Wood (Hibiscus bast), natural pigments, glass beads, cloth, plant fibre string, seeds
- H: 920 mm W: 170 mm L: D: 100 mm Circum:
From the UQ Anthropology Museum exhibition ‘Solomon Islands: Re-enchantment and the Colonial Shadow’, a scholarly project curated by Diana Young in collaboration with research consultants Graham Baines, Annie Ross, Clive Moore and David Akin, August 2016 – June 2017.
Dance club. The Foundation Donation comprises the items from L. P. Winterbotham's personal collection, which were donated to the University of Queensland in 1948 and form the basis of the Anthropology Museum.