- Registration number
- Item name
- Chest ornament
- Indigenous name
- Associated cultural group
- Pacific > Papua New Guinea > Milne Bay Province > Samarai Murua District > Samarai Island
- Acquisition date
- January 01, 1947
- Acquisition method
- Foundation Donation from Australian Board of Missions
- Raw material
- Boar tusk; shell (Conus sp., Nautilus sp. and Spondylus sp.); textile; bead, glass; seed, coix; plant fibre string
- H: W: 120 mm L: 530 mm D: Circum:
From the UQ Anthropology Museum exhibition 'In the Red; on the vibrancy of things' June 2012 - January 2013.
The Foundation Donation comprises the items from L. P. Winterbotham's personal collection, which were donated to the University of Queensland in 1948 and form the basis of the Anthropology Museum.