- Indigenous name
- Associated cultural group
- Pacific > Papua New Guinea > Manus Province > Admiralty Islands
- Acquisition date
- January 01, 1950
- Acquisition method
- Foundation Donation from Dr L. P. Winterbotham
- Raw material
- Obsidian; wood; plant pigment; adhesive putty (Parinarium laurinum)
- H: 200 mm W: 30 mm L: D: 20 mm Circum:
From the UQ Anthropology Museum exhibition 'In the Red; on the vibrancy of things' June 2012 - January 2013.
Part of Brisbane auctioneer Mr John Samuel Cameron's (died ca 1917) collection which was sold after his widow's death. Bought by Dr Winterbotham and C. A. Fitzgerald at auction. The Foundation Donation comprises the items from L. P. Winterbotham's personal collection, which were donated to the University of Queensland in 1948 and form the basis of the Anthropology Museum.