- Indigenous name
- Bwa, ba pwiwu (Natügu language)
- Associated cultural group
- Pacific > Solomon Islands > Temotu (Eastern Islands) Province > Santa Cruz Islands
- Acquisition date
- January 01, 1950
- Acquisition method
- Foundation Donation from Unrecorded
- Raw material
- wood, natural pigments
- H: 770 mm W: 55 mm L: D: 55 mm Circum:
From the UQ Anthropology Museum exhibition ‘Solomon Islands: Re-enchantment and the Colonial Shadow’, a scholarly project curated by Diana Young in collaboration with research consultants Graham Baines, Annie Ross, Clive Moore and David Akin, August 2016 – June 2017.
Dance club. See carved bird 2164 and food container 2166 with similar geometric designs.
The Foundation Donation comprises the items from L. P. Winterbotham's personal collection, which were donated to the University of Queensland in 1948 and form the basis of the Anthropology Museum.