- Registration number
- Item name
- Indigenous name
- Associated cultural group
- Australia > Australia > Northern Territory > Darwin-Daly region > Port Keats
- Reverend W. Flynn
- Acquisition date
- January 01, 1949
- Acquisition method
- Donated by Reverend W. Flynn
- Raw material
- Shell, pearl oyster (Pinctada margaritifera); ochre
- H: 129 mm W: 114 mm L: D: Circum:
Incised pearl shell pubic cover infilled with red ochre.
From the UQ Anthropology Museum exhibition 'In the Red; on the vibrancy of things' June 2012 - January 2013.
In the Red exhibition label: Pubic cover, early - mid 20th century. Pearl shells are traded from the Kimberley into Central Australia. Attributed to Western or Central Australia.
Featured on a Museum postcard early 1970's.