- Registration number
- Item name
- Indigenous name
- Associated cultural group
- Australia > Australia > Queensland > Cape York region
- Acquisition date
- January 01, 1947
- Acquisition method
- Foundation Donation from Australian Board of Missions
- Raw material
- Plant fibre, cane (Calamus sp.)
- H: 340 mm W: 400 mm L: D: 130 mm Circum:
Square bicornual twined basket made from split lawyer cane, crescent-shaped base, narrow opening with split cane handle on one side, openly woven. Registration number 2455 marked with tag.
The Foundation Donation comprises the items from L. P. Winterbotham's personal collection, which were donated to the University of Queensland in 1948 and form the basis of the Anthropology Museum.
'I secured all they had (for sale) when I went to the Science Congress in Sydney - no notes with any of them' [ref. Winterbotham, ABM source file].