- Registration number
- Item name
- Food container
- Indigenous name
- Associated cultural group
- Pacific > Solomon Islands > Makira-Ulawa Province > Owahara (Santa Ana) Island
- Miss Margaret West
- Acquisition date
- July 01, 1977
- Acquisition method
- Museum field work by Miss Margaret West
- Raw material
- wood; shell, nautilis; pigment
- H: 170 mm W: 420 mm L: D: 130 mm Circum:
Carved wood food container with round base and oval rim; blackened; carved bonito at each end; inlaid with shell. Registration number 22475 marked with pen and tag.
From the UQ Anthropology Museum exhibition ‘Solomon Islands: Re-enchantment and the Colonial Shadow’, a scholarly project curated by Diana Young in collaboration with research consultants Graham Baines, Annie Ross, Clive Moore and David Akin, August 2016 – June 2017.
Bought from G. Dennis, Honiara.